Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala
This is so amazingly good with naan and basmati rice. The sauce will want to make you bathe in it.
Cost: $1 meeelion
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast or less if you wish
- 1/3 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander yumm
- kosher salt or pink salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger or 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika smoked is really good
- 2 tsp garam masala heaping
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatos 1 can plain and one can rotel is great
- 1/2 c heavy cream
In the crockpot, combine the chicken, yogurt and coriander. Season with salt and pepper and let marinate for 15 minutes or so
Stir in onion, garlic, ginger, and spices and add tomatos. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours till the chicken is cooked through.
Stir in the cream and garnish with some cilantro before serving over naan or rice.